Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Ground System

I have been purchasing various items for a decent grounding system.

First, at least 2 8 foot grounding rods.  One of which I pounded in just adjacent to my Shack.  I have to drill a quarter inch hole through the cinder block to the grounding connection for some #6 solid copper line to my grounding and Frankenstein board (more on that in a bit).  I also ordered some #6 stranded wire to tie the external grounding rods together, one near the Power Panel for the house and the other near my station.  I may install a third rod depending on how I install the antenna.

I also ordered a grounding plate to mount on a 3/4" plywood board on the wall next to my station.  There is also a frankenstein DPDT switch (4-pole Chinese 100A 380v).  Its a monster of a switch.  I will ground the antenna when not in use... I am more than a bit paranoid about lightening.  I know if it strikes it gives me a "little" bit more protection..

The Switch and Backboard.


I also got this to mount in a 6x6 box outside to the ladder line, It sits on top of a grounding rod.
Comes from the wireman:  (being even more paranoid).  Below the switch will be the grounding plate where I can run individual grounds to my radio (s).  Golly.. I wish I had not sold everything 2 years ago.... now I am building up again.. Thanks to Bob.. W9JOP.




Everything should be in by Thursday.  I "might" be able to get the antenna up by the weekend...




No comments:

Post a Comment